Duties and Responsibilities
Reporting to a National Representative (Projects Coordinator), the Administrative Representative will be responsible for booking hotel contracts, maintaining hotel rooming lists, arranging catering and audio/visual requirements for meetings held by the National Union of Public and General Employees. The Administrative Representative will also assist the Projects Coordinator with the details associated with major events such as conventions and conferences.
Additional duties as needed will include:
- answering and directing incoming calls
- proofing of letters and memos as needed
- assisting with the production and collation of materials including campaign kits and meeting binders
- preparing and formatting documents
- other miscellaneous duties required to support the work of the National Union
Knowledge and Skills
The successful applicant for the position of Administrative Representative will possess the following knowledge and skills:
- experience in meeting and event planning
- strong attention to detail
- proven ability to work within tight deadlines, handle several complex tasks at once and prioritize work
- excellent organizational skills and the ability to work with minimum supervision
- good communication skills, both verbal and written, and strong interpersonal skills
- strong computer skills
- preference will be given to bilingual applicants
- familiarity with unions and the labour movement is desirable
This position is a full-time position. Administrative Representatives are compensated with a competitive salary and benefits package in accordance with the Collective Agreement between the National Union of Public and General Employees and the NUPGE Administrative Staff (COPE).
The National Union of Public and General Employees is committed to employment equity and welcomes applications from individuals from equity-seeking groups.
Only those given an interview will be notified. Please do not contact the National Union to inquire about your application.