Central West Specialized Developmental Services (CWSDS) is a not-for-profit charitable organization providing a wide range of services to individuals with developmental disabilities in Halton, Peel and Waterloo regions, Dufferin and Wellington counties. Our purpose is to improve the quality of life for individuals with developmental disabilities who have complex needs by providing specialized services and supports.
We are looking for Summer Staff who will be responsible for:
- Assisting Residential Counsellors implementing Personal Support Plans that provide safe, meaningful and professional care.
- Supporting individuals in the development of individual life skills and decision making.
- Assisting with personal hygiene, bathing, toileting and feeding.
Successful candidates will be scheduled to work a 40 hour work week including day, afternoon, night and weekend shifts. Time off during this contract will be limited to the provisions of the Employment Standards’ Act 2000.
- Currently enrolled in a degree or community college social service program.
- A minimum of 6 months related experience working with adults with developmental disabilities.
- A commitment to a value based approach to supporting people.
- Willingness to work in multiple work locations
- Valid “G” Class driver’s license.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, Central West Specialized Developmental Services will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment and selection process, please inform Human Resources of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require in respect of any materials or processes used to ensure your equal participation.