Imagine (or maybe you don’t have to because you’ve done this…) walking through a room moving from group to group, giving your “elevator pitch” and then exchanging business cards, before moving on to the next group. No real conversations, just pitching. I dreaded those events and thankfully haven’t been to one in over a decade.
Networking that way just feels bad. It feels fake and icky and impersonal. Today’s podcast is all about how to network in a way that feels good.
Subscribe & Review in iTunes
Are you subscribed to the podcast? If you’re not, I want to encourage you to do that today. We have even more great interviews coming and I don’t want you to miss an episode. Click here to subscribe in iTunes!
Resources from this Episode
- The Good Partnership Guide
- Connect with Paul on Twitter
- Connect with Paul on LinkedIn
- Connect with Paul on Instagram
- The Networked Nonprofit: Connecting with Social Media to Drive Change – Beth Kanter
- Give and Take – Adam Grant
- Leveraging the Power of Networks – Lisa Watson
- Lolly Daskal’s website
- Winning Body Language: Control the Conversation, Command Attention, and Convey the Right Message without Saying a Word – Mark Bowden
- Vantage Point
- BOSS: Building Organizational and Sector Sustainability Non-profit Conference – Vantage Point
- Sole Searcher: How one prospect research practitioner developed informed relationships with many great people – Preeti Gill
- The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People: Powerful Lessons in Personal Change – Stephan Covey
The Small Nonprofit is produced by Eloisa Jane Mariano