The Canadian Alliance on Mental Illness and Mental Health (CAMIMH) is proud to announce that the submissions for the 2020 Champions of Mental Health Awards are now open. The Champions Awards is an annual campaign that recognizes outstanding individuals and organizations for their contributions to mental health. Each year the Champions are introduced at a gala and award ceremony in Ottawa.
This year, nominations will be accepted in the following categories:
- The Sharon Johnston Champion of Mental Health Award for Youth – Any Canadian 21 and younger who has shown leadership in his or her community in promoting mental health and/or mental illness awareness, or any organization dedicated to providing services for youth
- Media – Any media personality or outlet who has contributed to public awareness of mental health or mental illness awareness
- Workplace Mental Health – Any employer or employee who has contributed to creating a mentally healthy workplace for staff
- Community Organization – Any organization that has provided great public service to community members experiencing mental illness
- Community Individual – Any person, who through personal commitment, has increased awareness about mental illness or reduced stigma in his or her community
- Parliamentarian – Any provincial or federal Parliamentarian who has advanced the mental health agenda in Canada
- Innovation – Researcher or Clinician – An innovative person or organization that, through their work, has advanced the mental health agenda in Canada
CAMIMH encourages Canadians to submit nominations for individuals and organizations that they have seen champion mental health by completing the online nomination form. Submissions will be accepted until February 22, 2020. The awards will be held on May 5, 2020 at the historic Fairmont Chateau Laurier in Ottawa.